Monday, April 21, 2008

Sea Otter RR

The course is a 9 mile loop and then you finish on a climb on Barloy Canyon Road. The race is more like a circuit race because you do 8 laps. There is one distinct climb with some rollers scattered around the course. The third time up the climb a few guys drilled it and I went with them. The move ended up being 10 guys with 3 rock racing guys, 3 Plowman Craven (UCI pro team from England) a Z team guy and 2 guys from southern California. We worked pretty well together and then the last 2 laps guys started attacking. The last time up the climb there was a split and I didn't make it:( I almost caught back on towards the top, but they drilled it again and I was off again. I ended up being with Z team, a rock racing, and a Plowman Craven. Since Rock guy and Plowman had guys up the road they didn't do any work. Me and Z team chased but we never caught. On the final climb to the finish I set tempo and Z team and Plowman started sprinting for the line, the rock guy didn't sprint and I rolled across the line in 9th. Was happy with the way I rode, I just wish I would have placed a little higher.

Vince

4 comments:

Coby said...

Great job vinny!

runjoelrun said...

Pretty impressive Vince with that crowd! Now we need to send you to Nature Valley...

runjoelrun said...

By the way Vinny (or is it Vinnie, please advise), ZTeam guys was Nathaniel English from what I hear. He spent a couple of weeks as a 4 then a couple of weeks as a 3 earlier in the year.

Anonymous said...

Good job Vinny!

Less work though and you will kick everybodies ass. Always pull back a little (not enough to be negative) and save it for when it matters. Do this and you will be like "why is everyone so tired"?.

You have the whole package boy - just need to put it together.

someone that should not be giving you advice....