Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Santa Rosa p1/2

Was hoping to do Pine Flat with the guys but had other obligations but did manage to get out for Santa Rosa (lot closer to home).

P1/2 had a small field of 30, and the wind was picking up so I figured it would be hard. Pretty early a break of four developed with Jared (Jittery Joe's/2007 U23 State Road Champ), Halloway, Parks, Rand Miller (I think). They got a good gap and were gone a long time before I started to work hard with CalGiant and BPG to reel them back in. It took a while but we got them. I bridged to them when we had them close in hopes of reviving it, but they were done.

The group stayed together for the end, Hernandez took a flyer but no one chased. I was sitting pretty in fourth wheel or so for the last four laps and was feeling good. Jared attacked with one to go and I decided to gamble on him. He took me clear for a 30 yd gap with a half lap to go. He let me through to take a pull with 600 yrds to go and I gladly did, but then he was gone! I was alone and tried to make it but the lead train caught me with 50 yds to go or so. I held on for 8th.

I put my report on the 35+ in my blog.

No comments: